Friday, August 7, 2009

Geeky

Ok, I admit it, I'm a geek. In some areas more than others. Last night I let the true band geek run rampant as I watched the DCI (Drum Corps International) Quarterfinals on the big screen at the theater. Now, that may not seem like much to some folks, but this was 5 hours long sitting in a movie theater with people I didn't know, but we were all cheering together just the same. This theater also happens to be two hours away from my house (the closest theater that was showing the DCI quarterfinals). I loved it. The corps were great, it made me nostalgic for the days I would hang around the pit crew when my brother was in Blue Knights. I'd really like to go to finals week sometime. Maybe next year, until then... I may just have to go catch the DCI top 12 online tonight.

No comments: