Sunday, July 19, 2009

Growth

It's exciting to see evidence of growth and healing. Tonight I was looking for some song lyrics I knew I had on the computer somewhere and came across some old letters I'd saved. One was from two years ago when I very first started this journey of recovery and healing, one was from a year and a half ago when I said goodbye to the ex. The last one was from just over a year ago and was a list of things I was working on. Now, I can't say that everything on that list is crossed off and taken care of, but much of what I have struggled with for so long has simply ceased to be an issue because of my understanding of my position in Christ. This was very clear to me as I read the book "The Shack" this weekend. For some, it may be a book that is a radical departure from their way of viewing God. For me, it was a great affirmation of the intimate relationship I have with the creator, redeemer and lover of my soul. I have so many question marks in my life right now, but, though I'm excited about how they will all be answered, I have no doubts of the rightness of God's timing, or of the extreme care and love bestowed upon me by an benevolent, protective heavenly parent. I find myself looking at others a little differently, and reminding myself that God is especially fond of ALL of his children.

No comments: