Thursday, September 11, 2008

Patient

I received the Love Dare book in the mail today and started reading the first day. As I've mentioned, God has been teaching me the lesson of patience. This first day is all about patience. A few quotes lept off the page at me.

"Patience stops problems in their tracks. More than biting your lip more than clapping a hand over your mouth, patience is a deep breath."
(Remember a while ago, I talked about the need to just breathe)

"Patience, however, makes us wise. It doesn't rush to judgement but listens to what the other person is saying. Patience stands in the doorway where anger is clawing to burst in, but waits to see the whole picture before passing judgement."


"Patience is where love meets wisdom"


"Patience helps you give your spouse permission to be human. It understands that everyone fails. When a mistake is made, it chooses to give them more time than they deserve to correct it. It gives you the ability to hold on during the tough times in your relationship rather than bailing out under the pressure."


"Think of it as a marathon, not a sprint. But it's a race worth running."
That reminds me of this post from back in February.

I'm obviously still learning this lesson.. but isn't that sort of the point? No quick fix is going to teach you patience.

1 comment:

T.H. Elliott said...

I've been learning patience my whole life. I think I'm a lot better than I was, but still a long way to go.