Sunday, June 7, 2009

Preparations

We're leaving.. for almost a month! I'm excited, but also a little nervous that I won't remember everything I need to bring. So, I make lists. My BF jokes that I makes lists of my lists to keep it all organized, which isn't quite true, but close.
I'm a little nervous about driving across the country (1800 miles one way) with three kids, but I also remember the amazing trips my mom took me and my brother on when we were growing up, and I feel like it's my turn, and I want to make those kinds of memories with MY kids. I also want to know that I can do it. I've planned and prepared for this trip for over three months, and now I have to wait one more week before we can get in the car and drive. I have lists of things to do to keep me busy, so I won't drive myself crazy. YAY for road trips.

4 comments:

T.H. Elliott said...

Where are you going? It sounds like fun. I've never done a family road trip that long before.

Lyza Lynne said...

We're coming your way actually :)

T.H. Elliott said...

Cool. There's some neat stuff to do around here.

Your Organizing Guru said...

Just know that if you forget something, you can probably get it where you are going. You will be in civilization. :) ~J