Saturday, January 17, 2009

Still Healing

Time will heal all wounds it's true, and things are better every day. I was listening to pandora radio this morning and the song "Thank You" by Alanis Morisette came on.. and some of the lyrics really struck me...

Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

How about me not blaming you for everything
How about me enjoying the moment for once
How about how good it feels to finally forgive you
How about grieving it all one at a time

The moment I let go of it was
The moment I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it was
The moment I touched down


The Bible says to give thanks continually. I'm not sure I ever thought to thank terror or frailty or consequence or disillusionment like the song says.. but those are all things that brought me to where I am. For the most part, where I am is a good thing. I still get lonely, I still get down, I still feel overwhelmed.. but that's normal isn't it? Doesn't everyone, no matter what their situation, feel those things at times? I'm so fortunate to have God's presence, the love of an amazing man, my family, and great friends to help me through those times when I feel overwhelmed. You all know who you are.. and I thank each one of you for the role you've taken in my healing in the past year. I'm not 'done' yet.. but I'm so much better. I've come a long way baby!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we ever are complete or whole on this earth. There will always be something not right. We need God.