Monday, January 26, 2009

Slogging

I don't know if it's due to the extremely high temperatures a week ago (70's and 80's) followed by the extremely low temperatures this week (the high yesterday was 13) or exactly what it is that has me down, but down I am. I think of all the things I could be/should be doing and I have NO motivation to do them. I try to eat more healthy foods and end up sabotaging myself by the end of the day. I feel like I'm walking up hill through freezing molasses with a 50 pound pack on my back. Everything about me feels heavy right now. My head, my heart, my body, my mind, my very soul all feel weighed down. I need a break. I need some levity. I need some aspirin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I thought it was more the circumstances around me. Maybe there's something in the air or weather. Pray through it. Seek others' help. lean on your friends, near and far.

Anonymous said...

You need to get on a plane and head for Oz. Get some warm humid air into you. Then you'll really know what lethargism is :)

T.H. Elliott said...

I was feeling the same way. I did a couple things Saturday, and then somehow got a huge burst of energy Sunday. Maybe you just need a day to kick back.