Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Avoidance

1. I'm avoiding grading accounting finals. But, the sooner they're done the sooner I can get on with Christmas break.

2. I'm trying to avoid being sick over Christmas break and went to the Dr. today. He gave me a sinus irrigation system. I'm also avoiding using that, but know I will have to bite the bullet soon.

3. Today I was faced with the choice of avoiding my ex-husband (who was at my school for a training session) or making him feel welcome. I said hi and chatted with him for a few minutes. I'm glad I did.

Moral of the story? Stop avoiding the things that seem unpleasant and just go do it already. You'll be proud of yourself once you do.

2 comments:

Your Organizing Guru said...

If you procrastinate you are making the choice to let these things linger and eat at your and hang over you until you finally give in and do the task. I always feel defeated by the task at that point. It really doesn't make it any more enjoyable.
~J

T.H. Elliott said...

There's a lot of things I've been avoiding. But mostly it's a matter of not having time for everything.