Sunday, October 26, 2008

Resting

As I walked to church this morning with the leaves crunching beneath my feet and the cool wind making me thankful for the light sweater I wore, I smelled fall on the wind followed by snow. The smell of wood smoke lingered in the air as I looked over the fields that were green just a few weeks ago, now mellowed to a dusty tan. The earth is getting ready to rest, to hibernate under its covers of leaves and snow and prepare for another year. I, too, am resting, curling up under the covers of blankets and comforters and recovering from all this year has brought. This time of year always makes me reflective, more so this year than ever before. I’m not sure I’ve really taken the time to process all that happened at the end of 2007. I am still amazed at where God has brought me and at all of the healing that has taken place. There are changes within me I never expected. I am deeply content with who I am and where I’m at in life. I’m not restless or in pursuit of anything greater than what I already have. I am grateful for all I’ve been given. Life is good.

Philippians 4:7 (The Amplified Bible) And God's peace shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: